Tuesday, September 2, 2008

The first three weeks

Right now at this second while I write these words I am leaving Kingston, it just stopped there since I left from Cornwall I am stuck beside some broad who keeps saying friggin' and oh that's perfect while she speaks in her Toronto voice with her Toronto laugh which is making me want to stab my ear drums out with a toothpick.  Ya know.  But je respire par le nez, des grands respire et je pense a Monkey et je me calme le pom pom.

What's it like in Toronto you ask?

You know this Toronto girls phone just rang and she picked up and said "Holy heck"??  What's up with that?  Bon, I am off track again.  I am trying to hate the city as I have my whole life for 30 years before I stepped foot here and frankly - I can't.  The city is wonderful.  It is clean, it is organized, it is huge.  They have stores we don't have and wonderful flowers in the city and clean garbage cans, they have 24 hour construction and they get things done.  They have a baseball team with a really nice place to watch them that has a retractable roof.  Something in Montreal that we just couldn't figure out.  Bravo and hats off to this city.  

What are the people like you ask?

Great question.  I hate the people.  I have no problems hating them, in fact it comes easy.  Just watching them walk, talk, breathe burns me and pisses me off.   NOW on the train this young Toronto punk kid is walking around with condoms and he thinks this is funny?  Broad beside me thinks this is friggin' funny too!  Is it me?  My age or is this the Montrealer in me.....that is the question I ask myself everyday.  Am I a bitch or is this a Montreal thing.

Well, I like a few people from Ontario, I have BFF Adrian who is bitter and angry so we get along great, and BFF Marcy and BFF Frank Deluca our agent, he is friggin' perfect (my new term from my BFF broad beside me) and BFF Carla from InterCon Front street.  She's neither bitter or angry she is just a really nice person.  

How's condo life you ask?

I am a condo girl now, security and concierge and a little mail box, ya know you can send me a package and someone at all times will sign for it!  I never have to set foot in a Canada Post office again!

I have BFF Phalycia Security agent who speaks French so we bonded, BFF Farouqui who was short with Jason so we dropped the BFF to him. 

I heard there are a lot of Chinese-Korean-Japonese-Asians in your building, is this correct?

It certainly is.  Jason thinks it is because we live at 8 Rean Drive and 8 is a lucky number for them.  So far no BFF chinese people, there is a crazy guy who was super friendly (but really weird in a crazy way) on day one and now is just weird and silent.  Which spooks me cause it is a silent kind of stab you in the throat when i take the train, subway, bus....kinda way.  

How's Monkey you ask?

Monkey has adapted very well in the Condo.  She sleeps, eats and enjoys every minute.  She is learning English twice a week, I am home schooling her at this time, there are too many chinese that may want to eat her.  She did run into the hallway a few times and freezes like me in front of a Coach store.  Frozen.  

Jason is away for two weeks so it will be a quiet week filled with more discovery and relaxation.  

Miss you Montreal et mes amis!

Gros calins xox et a bientot!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, this totally rules. You'd better keep this up!

By the way, we just went to a Coach outlet outside of NYC over the weekend that had bags reduced to $140 each... Larysa scored a great find there, I'll send you some pics later...

Jeremy Tan said...

Holy heck? I can't believe you're blogging. That's friggin' awesome.